San Francisco, California
Your mission is to translate user needs, business realities, and engineering constraints into useful and beautiful digital experiences for all our users around the world.
- Work closely with product managers and other stakeholders to help generate product and feature possibilities based on user needs and business requirements
- Create design artifacts at different stages of the product development cycle, such as user experience flows, wireframes, sketches and interactive prototypes, and eventually create high-resolution mockups and design assets
- Work closely with developers on the final feature or product, right from the conceptualization stage to release
- Always be an advocate for the end user, pushing for and thinking about the most meaningful user experience possible
- Please note that we don’t differentiate between ‘UX designers’ and ‘UI designers’ at GI. As a Product Designer, you should be able to think about the big picture and the right product experience for the user (UX) and also be able to craft the design details (UI).
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience working in UI/UX. Applicants from related fields such as print or industrial design are welcome, but you will have to demonstrate a knack for translating that to screen-based products
- Experience with digital design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator (we use Sketch)
- Knowledge of user-centered design and usability principles and techniques
- An all-round prototyper, with the ability to go from pencil-and-paper wireframes to fully functional mockups and prototypes
- Comfort dealing with end users, and conducting user testing
- Preference for working with rapid iterations and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills